- This event has passed.
Flowers and Wedding Calligraphy
6 April @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£110
Introducing our one day Flower and Wedding Calligraphy workshop
I am delighted to be joined for this workshop by Beverley Mellor of Mellor & Rose who will be sharing her amazing skills with you
As weddings become more personalised and DIY inspired, Beverley and I have created a wedding themed day for brides to be who would like to personalise their wedding
In the morning – Flowers in a Crate 10am – 1pm
Fill a rustic crate with flowers and lush foliage to create an arrangement that is ideal as a table centre.
After demonstration of the steps, you will get hands on creating your floral design to take home to impress your friends and family
Enjoy a lovely home made lunch
In the afternoon – Modern Calligraphy 2pm – 5pm
look rather gorgeous on your wedding stationery it is also great fun to do as well!
We’ll be learning all the basics of this stylish on trend lettering style
- how to use a dip pen, ink and form strokes are a modern calligraphy alphabet
- We’ll learn how to use pressure technique to produce the characteristic contrasting thick/thin stokes of the relaxed flowing lettering style and how we can use your new found lettering skills to help style your very own wedding work
- We’ll then move onto
- –Place Names
- – Wedding Generic words (for Save the Date etc and useful phrases for the big day)
- – Envelope addressing – can there be anything lovelier than a hand addressed envelope?
- Wedding Monogram – we can work on this together
- with FULL STARTER KIT
- 3 HR TUTORIAL INCLUDES DIP PEN, NIB, LETTERFORM GUIDES,
- FULL UPPER AND LOWER ALPHABET TEMPLATES
- DECORATIVE ACCENTS, WEDDING LETTERING TEMPLATES
- STATIONERY (ITEMS FOR YOUR CALLIGRAPHY PERSONALISED WEDDING MONOGRAM
Learn how to write in this lovely (and versatile) lettering style. Calligraphy will make your stationery truly yours